IN PROTEST OF BILL 160
BILL 160 SHATTERS QUALITY EDUCATION
WHAT IS BILL 160?
Bill 160 is a 262 page maga-bill which takes power and taxes from our local
boards of education and gives them to one person, THE MINISTER OF EDUCATION.
WHAT WILL BILL 160 DO?
It will allow the province to take over total control of school funding!
- Halton's educationtax dollars will go to the provincial government and not to Haltonstudents!
- Halton school boardtrustees will be powerless to control education taxes!
This government has already cut a BILLION dollars out of education.
HOW HAS THIS BILLION DOLLAR CUT AFFECTED HALTON?
- JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN CUT
- LOSS OF OVER 150 ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
- INCREASING ENROLMENT & LARGER CLASS SIZES IN ALL SCHOOLS
- TWINNING OF SCHOOLS AND SCHOOL CLOSURES
- REDUCTION OF INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANTS AND SUPPORT FOR
SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN
- LACK OF BOOKS AND BASIC SUPPLIES
- PSYCHOLOGISTS AND SOCIAL WORKERS CUT
- ADULT EDUCATION FUNDING CUT
- 65 CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE STAFF CUT
BILL 160 WILL CUT ANOTHER BILLION DOLLARS!
The Minister says he needs these powers. He says this bill will improve
education. Bill 160 does not address curriculum (what's taught),
strategies (how it's taught), or assessment and evaluation (report cards).
ASK YOURSELF AND YOUR MPP:
- how will eliminating 10,000 teachers improve education?
- how will using unqualified, uncertified people in the classroom
- how will larger class sizes improve education?
- how will less preparation time for teachers improve eductaion
- how will taking away trustee power and accountability improve
THESE POWERS AND MANY MORE ARE IN BILL 160
Under bill 160 "the decisions and orders made by the Minister are final
and conclusive and not open to question in any court." (ss. 257.30-257.52)
THIS GOVERMENT SAYS CHEAPER IS BETTER...
DO YOU BELIEVE THEM?
HALTON TEACHERS ARE WILLING TO STAND UP FOR QUALITY EDUCATION...
CALL YOUR MPP TODAY!
| GARY CARR |
| TED CHUDLEIGH |
| CAM JACKSON |
SHOW THAT YOU SUPPORT HALTON TEACHERS CLICK HERE